City of Mesa interested in Linux

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Sun Sep 23 16:51:09 MST 2007

Being able to get support from a well-known co. might make a difference.
Also, being able to talk to some other city (even if "out of state"), might
help, if they have already dipped their toe in the FLOSS swimming pool
and might be able to comment on how things went for them, what they
like & don't like, etc.
    Also, someone here on PLUG-Discuss has a contact at the place
where the W Side meetings are now held - the AZ Consrevatory for
Arts and Academics.  In fact I think the same co., provides a venue
for the E. side meetings, but I am less familiar w/those.
Someone from that school, (or maybe, the budget person for the
parent co.!) might be able to comment on, how it has impacted their
budget (e.g., less than some other "more expensive" solution might have...)
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org