City of Mesa interested in Linux

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Fri Sep 21 14:15:26 MST 2007

Hi, Folks.

It's been awhile since I've been able to participate, but something's come up
that I thought might interest PLUG.

I was talking with the City Manager for the City of Mesa. The City is in a
budget crunch, and I asked her why they're paying for Windows, Microsoft
Office, antivirus software, etc, when they could get a less expensive, more
secure system with Linux and OpenOffice. She was very interested to learn
more.

Her office just called to set up a discussion meeting on Wednesday, Sept 26
from 10-11 AM. Personally, I don't know how to answer technical questions
about the logistics of conversion. Would someone in PLUG, who is more
knowlegeable and articulate than I, like to take part in the meeting? I
think this could be a great opportunity!

Thanks,

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC