CentOS and LVM partitions

Ben azlobo73 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:17:40 MST 2007

On 9/21/07, Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 11:44 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> > moin moin,
> >
> > CentOS is wanting to install the /boot partition on a primary partition
> > and the rest of the partitions on an LVM partition.
> >
> > fdisk -l then only lists two partitions. One needs to know to put
> > subsequent boot partitions as primary or extended rather than LVM.

See also vgdisplay for volume group info and lvdisplay for logical
volume info.  See also the commands lvs, vgs, pvs (phisical volumes
info - pvdisplay; phisical volumes are the underlying disks used for
make up the volume groups, which then are used for the logical
volumes).  And of course man [-k] lvm.

I too like the manual partitioning option in a RH install, especially
if I have no chance (reasd: no hope) of expanding my data partitions
on a particular system anyway for various reasons, or its non-server
system.

Ben