Palm sync on Fedora (Was: Re: Nokia N800 and the Palm T/X)

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Mon Sep 17 13:56:07 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 13:48 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> Shawn Badger wrote:
> > I have a Palm TX and I really like it, except I having some problems
> > getting the sync to work under Fedora Core 6. I am still playing with
> > getting it work every so often, but I haven't spent a lot of time on it.
>
> Broken synchronization with Palm devices was one of the significant
> reasons I finally left Fedora.
>
> http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry_id=12096 documents what I
> used and some of my comments back in Fedora 3 days.  Maybe some of that
> will help you on Fedora 6.  I'd hope they have it fixed by now.
----
seems unusually harsh since user space (udev) has been undergoing
radical changes in each successive kernel and that is one of the prices
you pay for a rapidly changing distribution.

I have no problem with palm on either fedora 6 or fedora 7 and at times
when I see people post their problems on this list, I help out.

That said, the Nokia 880 seems to sell for $349 at jandr.com and seems
to be much more desirable unless you are concerned with the larger form
factor

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>