SCALE 6x

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Mon Sep 17 09:41:08 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 22:58 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> Well, given recent threads on PLUG, perhaps you could do a
> presentation about competing standards in the 'Rich Media' space.
> Beware of Marketroids.

I really don't know that much about "rich media," though I'd definitely
attend a talk on Moonlight if someone would give it.  I'll see if I
can't ping someone from Novell.

Sadly, again, Microsoft is providing the most open solution in a space.
I guess it convinced Sun to open up Java, but I'm less optimistic about
Adobe and Flash.

As an interesting side note from that discussion, I was able to get some
links and information from Tim and now Inkscape can read and write XAML.
If we can get Inkscape into Windows developer's tool chain, what could
be next? :)

		--Ted