Help for a newbie

Cary Mabe cary_mabe at msn.com
Thu Sep 13 14:00:36 MST 2007

    Hi, pluggers!   I'm very very new at this, and I'm having a ball getting my feet wet with linux.  I've already solved quite a few of my own questions with a little research, but I'm not sure this is gonna be an every day kinda question.  Here goes. . . .  I've been having no luck at all burning an audio cd  (any kind of CD, really)  with the linux system.  I don't think that it is any problem with any of the cd writing tools I'm using (I've tried several)  I think the problem lies with the fact that my drives  cd, hd, etc. are all showing up as scsi drives when they are all on ide.  I'm new but I don't think that's normal!!  if it's not, just as an exercise, I'd really like to try to fix that without reinstalling.  Thanks to anybody who responds in advance!

Cary