Need to outsource programming or hire full-time

Alexander Henry alexanderhenry at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 20:01:05 MST 2007

Scottsdale Arizona Web Design wrote:

> I hope this clears up any confusion.  I have posted my name and number
> at the top.  I might as well tell you what we're offering to pay, too,
> since everything is now on the table.  We are looking to pay between
> $40/hr and $75/hr.  Software engineers will make closer to $75/hr.
> These are top-level developers only.  The owner of the company in utah
> will be interviewing the candidates to filter out the more
> inexperienced developers.  I have already had a very, very, very bad
> experience with a programmer on this board.  I was misled by this
> person and that is why I am not doing the interviewing myself.

Your margins are badly skewed for the Arizona market.  Par for the
course around here is to bill clients at $125 an hour and pay
programmers $25 an hour.  Really, I was employed at several of these and
interviewed at many more.  Better yet, you can bill $225 and still pay
$25 if the programmer's work makes it to court as expert witness testimony.

If what you say is true, then welcome aboard!  You have plenty of room
to expand and suck the labor force out of the hands of the types I talk
about above.

Just out of curiosity, what would you pay sales?

--
Alexander