Editing error

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Sep 10 12:32:58 MST 2007

After a long battle with technology, Harold Michels wrote:
> You made me realize that the last uncommented line was the one I added a
> hundred lines earlier.
> I do not know what the syntax for the configuration files is, but it
> seems to need a semicolon to end the statement or it merrily goes on and
> includes the remainder of the file.

Since the file was called "config.php", I'd guess the thing is a PHP file and
follows PHP syntax.  That's very strange that the PHP parser would fail so
spectacularly in this case.  But yes, when you have statements in any
programming language, missing end-of-statement markers cause stupid problems.

> Obvious when I looked at it. That difficulty is resolved.
> Now, on to figuring out the syntax to tell it what the path is to the
> correct file of the path that it needs.

I'd guess a variable somewhere in the file is being set
to "/blah/somewhere/foo" , so find the appropriate var and set it to an
appropriate path.

--
   We're standing there pounding a dead parrot on the counter, and the
   management response is to frantically swap in new counters to see if