Number of wireless clients per WRT54GL?

Michael Sammartano volinaz at cox.net
Sat Sep 8 11:37:14 MST 2007

Additionally, if the router is setup so that only specific mac addresses can get connected, and they are static (turn DHCP off), no ssid is broadcast the connection is even more secure. I highly doubt there would be an issue. By the time the encryption was broken, the ttl would be long dead.

MIke
---- Anthony Boynes <aboynes at msasolutions.com> wrote:
> Bill Lindley wrote:
> > Alan Dayley wrote:
> >
> >>  The clients would be doing "office" stuff like file sharing,
> >>

> > I'd be concerned about file sharing over a wireless network, because of
> > the potential of corruption when airplanes fly overhead, and because
> > anyone within a few hundred feet will be able to penetrate wireless
> > networks even when allegedly 'secured.'  At the least, do you want some
> > kid in the parking lot using the office SMTP server to send spam,
> > leading to the ISP shutting down the connection?
> >
> > Physical connections will always offer higher speeds and better security.
> >
> > \\/

> Thats an interesting statment about wireless security.  I use WPA with a
> 35 character passphrase consisting of mixed alpha, numeric, and special
> characters.  I highly doubt that anyone who does not know my PSK will be
> able to access my data or send anything out via my router. A DoS attack
> however, is something else altogether.
>

> Anthony

Please visit
http://www.iconnetworksolutions.com