Access database conversion

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Sep 8 11:04:04 MST 2007

Am 08. Sep, 2007 schwätzte Bill Lindley so:

> I need to write, from scratch, a membership app for a nonprofit -- or
> find one I can use.

Look at CiviCRM.

"CiviCRM is the first open source and freely downloadable constituent
relationship management solution. CiviCRM is web-based, open source,
internationalized, and designed specifically to meet the needs of
advocacy, non-profit and non-governmental groups."

http://CiviCRM.org/

That's what we're using for LOPSA.

> Would OpenBase be able to print labels and envelopes, that sort of
> thing?  That is almost impossible with a web app, isn't it?

I don't know about OpenBase, but the writer component can read from
OpenBase and handle labels. I would think that label generation, etc.
would also be available via a web app. You should at least be able to call
a command line program to create PDFs.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "If your girlfriend is crying crocodile tears it's because she's either
#  got salt in her eye or she's been listening to Air Supply."
#    -- Alice Cooper, 08Mar2005