Number of wireless clients per WRT54GL?

Anthony Boynes aboynes at msasolutions.com
Sat Sep 8 10:16:53 MST 2007

Bill Lindley wrote:
> Alan Dayley wrote:
>
>>  The clients would be doing "office" stuff like file sharing,
>>

> I'd be concerned about file sharing over a wireless network, because of
> the potential of corruption when airplanes fly overhead, and because
> anyone within a few hundred feet will be able to penetrate wireless
> networks even when allegedly 'secured.'  At the least, do you want some
> kid in the parking lot using the office SMTP server to send spam,
> leading to the ISP shutting down the connection?
>
> Physical connections will always offer higher speeds and better security.
>
> \\/

Thats an interesting statment about wireless security.  I use WPA with a
35 character passphrase consisting of mixed alpha, numeric, and special
characters.  I highly doubt that anyone who does not know my PSK will be
able to access my data or send anything out via my router. A DoS attack
however, is something else altogether.

Anthony