Presentations in Linux (live whiteboarding)

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:17:52 MST 2007

On 9/6/07, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net> wrote:

> After a long battle with technology, Dazed_75 wrote:
> > I'd like to be able to draw on my screen, have that show on the
> projected
> > screen and have the option to save that annotated slide for myself.
> >    - Is there a Linux (or Linux utility) that lets the user use a tablet
> >    PC in that manner?
> >    - Is there any real downside to such a system (e.g. inherently
> >    underpowered, etc)?
>
> The compiz "Annotate" and "Screenshot" plugins provide a way to do this
> *if*
> you're running compiz-fusion.  Default keybindings:  Alt-Super-button1 to
> draw things, Alt-Super-K to clear the screen.  CCSM->Extras->Annotate to
> change them.  There are probably similar ways to do this in Beryl.  I
> didn't
> ever see anything like this for non-3D WM/DEs, even though at least one
> person on comp.os.linux.* asked about it in the last 2
> years.  Problem:  It's
> insanely difficult to input text in this manner.

So you are saying the Alt-Super-button1 lets you use the mouse to drawhand
freehand on the screen?  That Alt-Super-K clears the drawings (surely not
the entire display)? and the CCSM->Extras- >Annotate (a menu selection I
presume) lets you change something though I am not sure what?

--
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being
either proven right or pleasantly surprised.