Good Linux Books for Beginners

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Tue Sep 4 07:53:32 MST 2007

David Munson wrote:
> Thanks all. Good stuff.
>
> The primary reason for the desire for dead tree format is because I
> figured there's probably a used copy of anything out there that can be
> had for less than it costs to run off a big PDF, since I no longer
> have free access to a big high-end printer.

One problem with computer books is thsa they age quickly. Yesterday's
edition doesn't cover today's best practices. Of course, some basics
don't change.

For the cost of buying a book every three months you could subscribe to
Safari Books online and have the latest edition of nearly every tech
book at your finger tips. There is a subscription option to get PDFs of
each chapter as well.

Dennisk
--
Phoenix Linux Users Group