Weird behavior with rsync and permission creep

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Oct 30 16:58:43 MST 2007

It shouldn't be since the directories have different groups and
different permissions.  Truth is I don't pay much attention to it since
I do ACL on everything.  I have changed the permissions on both
directories to match but I need them to be rwxrwx--- or else I have
problems with my windows users writing to the samba shares.  I will run
the experiment and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion :)