Linux device driver project needs more unsupported devices to work on?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:19:44 MST 2007

Actually, I have been mis-stating something due my mis-reading of two
articles on this subject.

In fact, it IS a primary goal of the project to "create a proper GPLv2
Linux kernel driver as an end result".  That may not be inconsistent
with signing an NDA to get information on which to build such a driver
which may not need to use some of the information provided by the
hardware maker.  That would depend on the terms of the NDA which would
be an individual negotiation with each vendor.  It is hard to see this
an a bad thing.  Worst that can happen is that the project and the
vendor do not come to terms leaving everyone in the same boat they are
in now.