Linux device driver project needs more unsupported devices to work on?

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Sun Oct 28 11:12:38 MST 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Dazed_75 wrote:

> Thats why I don't quite understand the "lack of work to give them"
> statement.  OTOH, existing driver support is hugely better than it was
> a few years ago so I can easily see that as part of the reason.  Sure
> is good to see the project thriving though.

The  article is very confusing. ATI and Nvidia are not  "two video
cards". I guess they are 'most' video cards. And does 'the device is
supported' mean that the default Ubuntu install will auto-detect it
and do the right thing or does it mean that there is source code out
there somewhere for those who know how  to compile and install it? it
strikes me that there might be a long way between the driver project
and and the common distros.
--
Seven Deadly Sins? I thought it was a to-do list!