ubuntu book

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Thu Oct 25 08:04:56 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 12:39 -0700, betty wrote:
> is there an ubuntu book (real book, not on-line notes or user groups)
> that anyone likes a lot?
> i like to have a REAL book when i'm learning something new. any
> recommendations?
<SNIP>
> --
> betty i.
> www.webcanine.com
> information for people
> who care for dogs.

Hi Betty,

I have a copy of "The Official Ubuntu Book" by B. Mako Hill, Jono Bacon
and others. I'll bring it to the InstallFest this weekend so you can
look at it, if you'll be there.

Also, check out the Ubuntu website. Click on Support/Community &
Support/Documentation for lots of help. I've found the wiki helpful in
the past.

www.linuxquestions.org is a very good resource too. the founder, Jeremy,
does an excellent job of keeping the site newbie friendly.

Dennisk
--
Member Free Software Foundation
"Free as in Freedom"