ubuntu book

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 24 20:14:01 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 19:55 -0700, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2007, at 12:39 PM, betty wrote:
>
> > also, when i copied (ftp'd) my files for my email from the rh box
> > to the
> > new ubuntu one, the parent file came over but none of the mail itself.
> > that is, the file called 'dogs' came over but it was empty whereas it
> > previously had about 4 sub-folders in it with mail in each of them.
> > or maybe they are on the new computer and i can't find them?
>
> Did RH use Evolution for mail?
----
I think it did back in RH 9 days...I don't remember.

That's gonna be a really really old version but I would suspect that if
she can locate the email files, they are gonna be mbox and some utility
should be able to convert them (Evolution offers to do that on first
start if it sees them but I suspect that Evolution has already lost it's
virginity).

Betty...if you can just locate those e-mail files, Evolution (presuming
that you are using Evolution for e-mail), you can use the 'File' menu
and choose 'IMPORT' and then 'From a single file' and see if it imports
the mail.

Craig