Intel-Core2 Duo T7500 or AMD-Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 24 20:09:44 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 19:59 -0700, Darrin Chandler wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 07:24:14PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > Given the pricing of some of the nVidia chipset cards, there's little
> > incentive for Intel to compete on this since it's only the Linux users
> > who would jump on them.
>
> And given that many/most Linux users happily buy nvidia anyway, where's
> nvidia's incentive to change their policy?
----
happy is relative - though I am using nVidia drivers at the moment, I
still occasionally get the black screen of death w/ beryl (yeah, lousy
mb video) - I have given up beryl for the present.

$ rpm -qa|grep nvidia
kmod-nvidia-96xx-1.0.9639-1.2.6.22.4_65.fc7

and I yanked out an ATI agp video card because I couldn't get that to
work w/ the ATI drivers at all (I didn't try their latest release).

In the end though, I am pretty happy with 24 bit color in 2d and xorg's
got Intel covered anyway.

Craig