So I'm new at linux and don't know what I'm doing

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 10:29:00 MST 2007

On 10/23/07, Jeremy Miller <jmminaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu uses a program called Synaptic to handle packages. Go to
> System, Administration, Synaptic and enter your password when
> prompted. Once in there, choose libraries from the panel on the left
> and about 2/3rd of the way down I see libntfs9. (you can just click on
> one of the package names and start typing libntfs and it will bring
> you very close to it). Click the check mark next to it and hit the
> apply button. Hope this works for you.

Just as an aside, ubuntu 7.10 inherently supports ntfs including for
write using ntfs-3g as shown on
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/getubuntu/releasenotes/710tour though I've
not tried writing yet.

That said, I have no clue why he is seeing that problem.  I would,
however, be curious whether the external drive was plugged in before
or after booting the LiveCD and ditto for after having installed 7.10
to the hard drive.

--
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being
either proven right or pleasantly surprised.