Intel-Core2 Duo T7500 or AMD-Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Oct 24 06:50:54 MST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:37:39PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> I'd have to agree too...Intel is the only video that has truly embraced
> open source and you don't have to rely upon binary blobs from ATI or
> nVidia.
>
> When you're talking about a laptop, for Linux purposes, Intel video
> seems to be the clear winner.

Not long ago someone here installed an update of the nvidia blob and had
problems like freezes. This isn't terribly unusual, and it's a bad place
to be stuck.

The *specs* for the Intel video stuff is open, I believe, and if there's
a problem with the driver then the Linux developers can fix it. Not so
for the others.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/