Intel-Core2 Duo T7500 or AMD-Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-64

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Oct 23 23:26:45 MST 2007

Jorge Delacruz wrote:
> AMD stated they can't match the technology in the
> core2 until 2008.  --> Intel.
>
> However, what I think is more important is the video
> chipset.  Avoid Intel video.

Why avoid Intel video?  I must admit to not following most of this
thread so maybe gaming or some kind of other heavy graphics use is a
requirement here.  If so, I know Intel video is not the best.

However, we have two laptops in our family, one with Intel video and one
with ATI.  The configuring video on the former was super easy while the
later is a royal pain.  That's because the Intel video drivers are
FS/OSS and come with the distro so there is nothing special to do.
Intel handles Beryl 3D effects good enough to impress too.

Just my experience, for what it is worth.

Alan