So I'm new at linux and don't know what I'm doing

Justin arethius at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:29:59 MST 2007

I have a dell precision m90 laptop and a 250gb freeagent external hdd.
I just reformatted and installed ubuntu 7.10 on the laptop.  I have all
my files and what not stored on the external.  When running live from
the disc, I could access the drive but now that it's installed, it says
the drive is unmountable.  Would I be better off just waiting until the
installfest and asking there(I want to set this up as a windows
xp/ubuntu dual boot) or is there some little tick box that I'm not seeing?