ubuntu : copy to new hdd?

Shawn Dowler shawn.dowler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:52:51 MST 2007

2007/10/18, betty <nicepenguin at webcanine.com>:
> ok, i *really like *ubuntu (feisty fawn) . i have it set up 'just like i
> like it' to be. (on the gui)
> i will start to use that and phase out rh 9.0 that i've been using forever.
> the ubuntu is great, it worked easily on my palm :)
> on my printer:) and on
> the ext modem :)
> what more could one want !
>
> BUT it is on a 10GB hdd :(
> i have an 80 gb hdd that i can wipe out the current file system and use
> that.
>
> what commands do i use to copy the 10 gb hdd set up (like a mirror?) to
> the 80 gb hdd??? then i'll just use the old 10 gb hdd for some other
> project.
>
> probably a stupid question right?
> thx.

I've never used any method but the one described here:
http://reactor-core.org/disk-migration.html

Never had a problem, and always works like a charm!  If you decide to
go with one of the "ghost" utilities, I'd be interested in hearing
about your experience.

Shawn Dowler
--
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
                                                 -- Friedrich Schiller

-->  http://walkingtowel.org  <--