Server script without built-in sockets

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Mon Oct 22 18:31:05 MST 2007

I'm not aware of any desktop Linux distro that doesn't have perl,
either.  I certainly wouldn't want to use any distro that skipped
something as fundamental as perl.  No, I was thinking more along the
lines of embedded Linux environments like DD-WRT and the like.  I want
my script to run with absolute minimal requirements.

Mostly, though, I just object to using perl this time because then I
would have to keep arguing with myself "why don't I just do the entire
thing in perl" :-D