link

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Mon Oct 15 17:23:45 MST 2007

There is a folder called 'Documets' in the home directory and one also in
'Desktop'. The existing files were moved from the folder in Desktop  and
placed in home's Documents and then deleted. Some programs  think Documents
is in home while some think it is in the other file. I want the files that go
to ~/Desktop/Documents to be placed into <home>/Documents. What i am thinking
is that if you put a link in ~/Desktop/Documents..... After reading the man
page for pipe and for link it seems that neither of them will do what is
desired. I think that what I may need to do is insert a script into the
program..... uhhhhh.... no. That cron job thing might be the only way to
achieve this. Move the contents of ~/Desktop/Documents every 5 minutes to
~/Documents. That probably won't work though because of the differant
folders. Identical files will be overwritten. What a quandry! I didn't want
to go into each different program and specify the save directoy but that may
be the only way!

What do you think?