ext2->ext3

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Oct 10 16:27:32 MST 2007

Am 10. Oct, 2007 schwätzte Bob Holtzman so:

> I would like to copy my home partition from my old box that is formatted
> as ext2 to a new box that will be ext3. Should I expect any problems?

Nope. The filesystem is transparent to the data, as long as the filesystem
supports the POSIX standards. In addition, ext2 and ext3 are essentially
the same and there has been lots of testing in moving from ext2 to ext3.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Motorr??er t??en nicht. Motorr??er werden get??et.