What GPL is NOT

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:18:32 MST 2007

this is a really interesting listen.  It is an mp3 file containing a talk by
James Vasile of the Software Freedom Law Center.  Apparently he was one of
the lawyers involved in crafting GPLv3.  What makes it really interesting is
where he talks about what GPL does not do, common misconceptions, and some
reasons why it does/should not do some of those things.  I saved the mp3 and
plan to listen to it another time or two (maybe).  BTW left clicking on the
"download the mp3" link on the page (in firefox on ubuntu) actually just
played the audio it downloaded.  To actually save the mp3 I had to right
click and use the "save link as ..." entry.

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/mediaberkman/2007/10/03/james-vasile-of-the-software-freedom-law-center/
--
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being
either proven right or pleasantly surprised.