VMWare alternative

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:23:45 MST 2007

So, I've been experimenting with an application called VirtualBox by
Innotek.  (free download, open source edition available, etc etc)
I've been using it at work on my CentOS 5 laptop in order to run WinXP
for some of the in-house windows apps we are required to use on a
daily basis for change management, etc.  One thing that I really like
about it is something called "seamless mode" which integrates the
windows desktop into your linux desktop pretty slick-like.  I have the
Windows taskbar at the top, my KDE bar at the bottom and outlook 2K7
open next to Firefox on Linux.  For me, it runs at what appears to be
native speed....

Anyway, I wanted to throw that little tidbit of information out to the
group... and if you knew about it, consider it a reminder it still
exists lol

www.virtualbox.org is the website.

--Dan

--
"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte