Mail Accounts

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Oct 2 14:43:58 MST 2007

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Joey Prestia wrote:

> I recently went from Mandriva and Postfix to Redhat and Sendmail and in the
> process lost root's mail and webmaster and a few other accounts that were in
> the aliases file for Postfix does anyone know how I go about getting them
> back?

Create the entries in your alias file.

Some systems use the same location of aliases for both sendmail and
postfix. Look in your sendmail cf configuration(s) for AliasFile.
I am assuming it is /etc/aliases or /etc/mail/aliases.

(Your old postfix aliases are located at "postconf alias_database
alias_maps".)

So just re-add your needed aliases. And then run "newaliases".

  Jeremy C. Reed