Broadband / DSL recommendations?

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:33:02 MST 2007

Hello all,

It turns out the new place I'm moving to (an apartment in West Mesa)
isn't serviced by Cox so I am looking into whatever other broadband
options are available. My preferences are as follows:

1. Always on
2. No software required (OS/platform independent, I plan on throwing
my linksys wireless router on it but I hate how most places list
Windows as a REQUIREMENT for their service. Does that mean I'm
unsupported?)
3. I'd prefer not to have a land line phone service required as I
haven't had a land line in a while and find I really like it that way.

So far, it looks like Qwest is an option but I'm interested in looking
into anything that might be either faster/cheaper/or more reliable.

Any recommendations on other avenues I should explore?

Thanks in advance

Micah