****Re: ****Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Nov 22 23:01:39 MST 2007

It's pretty clear that preventing illegal immigration hasn't been one of
North America's success stories.

One thing that I noticed not long after I moved to Arizona and made
especially clear to me by people who have moved to remote areas of the
desert is that they don't want others to move into the area and spoil
their view/isolation/etc...sort of, now that I'm here, everyone else
should just go back to where they came from.

Interestingly enough, the original Thanksgiving celebrated in 1621
included the Native Americans who accepted and traded with these
pilgrims (aka immigrants).

I apologize for politicizing the genuine good wishes for a happy holiday
but I thought that the parallel of the Thanksgiving holiday and
immigration, however characterized was too rich to pass up.

Craig