****Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 12:06:20 MST 2007

I second the commend made by Josef.

We have our problems and some are rather large.  Still we are the greatest country on earth.

Just read you bill of rights.

Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote: .
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:21:44 -0700, Craig White wrote
> On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 08:22 -0700, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> > My you all have a great holiday season.
> ----
> I believe this is a misnomer
>
> Thanksgiving is actually a celebration of the original illegal
> immigrants so today should actually be called Illegal Immigrants Day

Very funny.

However, the truth is that at the time the first "immigrants"
came to this continent that is now known as North America, there
there were no immigration laws so there was no such thing as
"illegal" immigration at that time.  There were not even any
property ownership laws.  There was not even such a thing as
a "country" here, per se.

This was truly the land of the *free* where people came to
escape tyranny and oppression, and to find opportunity.

Consequently, the concept of "Thanksgiving" remains valid.

And regardless of the flaws that may exist in this great country,
I am still thankful beyond words to adequately express for the
privilege of living in this amazingly wonderful U.S.A.

Keith Smith
(480) 584-4772
PHP Programming