Backup proggie

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Nov 19 23:52:14 MST 2007

Am 19. Nov, 2007 schwätzte Charles Jones so:

> http://www.rsnapshot.org/

rsnapshot can be configured to not backup if the destination directory
doesn't exist. That means you can set it up to still run from cron and
it'll backup regularly if you have the external drive turned on.

ciao,

der.hans

> gm5729 wrote:
>> Hey all I'm looking for a backup proggie that is relatively easy to
>> use. I don't want to set up a cron job because the drive I am backing
>> up to is not powered up all the time. I have looked at rsync,
>> rdiff-backup (which looks the easiest so far) and am open to other
>> ideas. I don't mind cli or KDE and want to stay away from Gnome
>> libraries as much as possible.

#  "I guess I should've agreed with my boss more often. Today I was replaced
#  by a bobblehead doll!" -- Randy Glasbergen, 13Mar2006