Installing Oracle XE on a 64bit system - Free Bear to the firstperson who correctly solves my problem!

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Sun Nov 18 21:24:58 MST 2007

Likely you'll only be able to connect to it from it.
Do you have vncserver installed?
The Oracle XE installs items in the menus.
You ran the part after the initial install from root right?
I haven't tried Godaddy's virtual dedicated server though, it could be
something with it's environment.
Try tnspinging it from another oracle instance to see if you can connect
to it's listener.
Make sure if you have selinux installed that you have it's ports open.
Have you tried connecting to it from web ie : http://ipaddress:8080/apex/
jd