ubuntu cd burner problems

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Nov 16 13:51:39 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 08:55 -0700, betty wrote:
> hmmm, well after i was sooo bragging that everything was working fine in
> feisty fawn, i tried to burn a cd. actually tried any number of cd's.
> everytime it (serpentine) asks to have a blank cd put into the burner,
> and i do that, it keeps asking, like it doesn't recognize that one is in
> there.
>
> i tried using different cds. and i tried using the second build of
> feisty that i have on my office computer (in case it was the burner
> (hardware) ) itself. same message. i looked on message boards but didn't
> find this problem.

I'm not familiar with serpentine, but in Fiesty there is CD burner
functionality built into Nautilus.  So, if you insert a black CD it
should prompt you whether you want a data CD.  If you confirm, it should
put a disk on your desktop that you can drag-and-drop files to and then
burn.  This is likely to be easier.

		--Ted