Walmart PC's are gone

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Fri Nov 16 10:28:31 MST 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 08:53:54AM -0800, keith smith wrote:
> What about a docking station for your lightweight computer and phone.
> Take your office or home anywhere.... or take both ... Both?
> Yikes!!!!!!!!
>
> Dock your home phone (cellular)  at the office, use it on the go and
> dock it when you get home.  Same with a simple computer like
> appliance.  Small and limited while undocked and powerful with
> additional resources when docked.  How about adding a dock to your car
> that provides more resources to your computer and hands free for your
> phone.
>
> Once we get here we will more than likely add video phone and TV to
> our computer appliances that can plug into a wall size screen via the
> doc and be able to order movies for 99 cents .... and video
> conference.....  You will have to get dressed up to work at home....

You're thinking in the right direction, but it won't happen that way.
;-) The tech (hardware/software/bandwidth/business) is still evolving
quickly. Stuff like this often depends heavily on a bottom-up approach,
i.e., what can we build with this nifty new tech, and how much can a
company adapt their business model?

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/