Defining "PC" categories -- was Walmart PC's are gone

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 08:37:53 MST 2007

I'm not aware of MicroSoft giving away anything.  Can you provide an example?

Dale Farnsworth <dale at farnsworth.org> wrote: Keith Smith wrote:

> Do you mean free utilities on top of their OS to increase sales and to
> kill off businesses in vertical markets?
>
> Such as adding networking to the OS where to network prior one would buy
> a third party product.

I'm pretty sure JT means that Microsoft will give away windows in
emerging markets if that's what they have to do to acquire market
share.  At least that's what I've observed.

-Dale

Keith Smith
(480) 584-4772
PHP Programming