Walmart PC's are gone

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Thu Nov 15 15:08:51 MST 2007

I provided the link with info at the very start of the thread about the
Walmart PC's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOS_%28Linux_distribution%29

Neither KDE nor Gnome but rather a version of Enlightenment.

I think eMachines sort of completely defined the concept of a large
mass, single production run of specific hardware to meet a price
point/distribution target - much as Everex has done here.

It's an interesting approach to marketing and of course...no Microsoft
tax - and they are trying to copy the Macintosh look/feel  ;-)

Craig