How to send html with embedded jpg via kmail?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu Nov 15 11:20:57 MST 2007

.
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:22:25 -0700, Matt Graham wrote
> From: "Josef Lowder" <joe at actionline.com>
> > While I normally use text only for most email,
> > I have a need to email an html formatted message
> > with an embedded jpg image.  Is it possible to
> > do that with kmail? If so, how is it done?
>
> Somewhere in kmail's "configure kmail", select the
> option that allows you to compose messages using HTML.
> Then use whatever HTML editor kmail provides to compose
> an HTML message.

Thanks for this tip, but I still can't get it to work.

I have done as you suggested, as shown in the following images

  http://www.UpQuick.com/temp/testhtml1.jpg
  http://www.UpQuick.com/temp/testhtml2.jpg
  http://www.UpQuick.com/temp/testhtml3.jpg

#1 shows an html composed message with also an image attachment
#2 shows the same message in my 'sent' file indicating that
   it was *not* sent as an html even though it was.
#3 shows that  "Formatting (HTML)" was in fact checked

So, hope you can provide some further suggestions and guidance.