Kernel memory

Shawn Badger badger.shawn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:15:12 MST 2007

Yes, kind of like DOS, apparently the kernel does use this low memory for a
process handling area as well as buffer storage for TCP and other traffic. I
also found a new command that I didn't know of before call slabtop. it shows
you the top items using slab. I haven't totally figured out what exactly
slab is yet, but I am reading whatever I can find on it.