sad day on PLUG

Derek Neighbors derek at gnue.org
Sun Nov 11 07:54:57 MST 2007

Craig,

On 11/9/07, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > Derek's point about Leopard being a service pack with fanfare is well
> > made. There *are* some nifty new features, but only a few. It's a point
> > release, just like the 10.5 version reflects.
> >
> > And your point, Craig, about corporate profits is not lost on me,
> > either. It sure makes things work differently than with releases in the
> > open source world.
> ----
> sorry...I am never proud of myself when I do sarcasm...calling Mac OSX
> 'the other BSD' was tongue in cheek.
>
> Truth be told, enough people (I set a fairly low watermark of 5) on the
> local MacOSX Mail list felt that I was too negative about MacOSX to
> remain on their list so I un-subbed as I had promised to do if it
> reached the mark.
>
> I was surprised to see Derek take a swing.

I pride myself in trying to not be too much a fan boy in any
technology.  I try to call a duck a duck and a spade a spade.  I
really like OSX and Mac hardware in particular.  However, this last
release while releasing some nice things like time machine and spaces
is really just a point release.  Even Microsoft doesn't charge $100
for a point release. If something deserves it, I will take a swing at
it. :)

--
Derek