how to set up media keys for audacity?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Nov 10 12:08:12 MST 2007

Am 03. Nov, 2007 schwätzte Justin Anthony so:

> So I just had linux installed a week ago at the installfest and told
> myself that I wouldn't ask any questions until a week later to give
> myself the time to figure it out myself.  Unfortunately, I couldn't
> figure out these three things.
> (BTW, I have a dell precision m90 with Gusty Gibbons ubuntu.
>
> 1: How can I get my media keys to control the songs playing Audacity? I
> saw some tutorials referring to editing linebkd.def from lineakd but I
> couldn't find the .def file.  I used synaptic manager to install lineakd.
>
> 2: In windows, the drivers for my touchpad include being able to set it
> up so that when I tap in a corner of the pad, it performs a command like
> "alt+f4" or something.  Is there a way to set this up on linux?

<alt>-<f4> closes a window?

Try searching for 'linux touchpad configuration'. I'm only coming up with
pages in German right now. Google w/o cookies locks me in to German

http://www.pc-erfahrung.de/linux/linux-touchpad.html

> 3: I have both, kde and gnome, installed but I can't connect to my
> wireless internet on kde.  I open the wireless network manager and it
> can see my wireless signal but it won't give me the option to connect.
> Is there something I'm forgetting to do or do I just not know what am
> I'm doing?(That's a bit of an obvious answer, but hey, that's what this
> list is for right?)

I'm not sure on this. If you type 'iwconfig' from the command line does it
show you connected to the correct essid?

> I would like to say thanks in advance because I know you guys are going
> to give a great, thorough response.  This list is honestly the tipping
> point as to my procrastination in installing linux.

We'll try, but there might be delays :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,
#  keine Ahnung und keinen (.)plan. -- die Toten Hosen