So Wal-Mart carries Linux PC's

Tuna tuna at supertunaman.com
Fri Nov 9 19:31:45 MST 2007

Rhune Lord wrote:

> I have not heard of the gOS distro does anyone know anything about it?
>
> Brian

Yup. Featured on the Ubuntu Planet. It's based on Ubuntu, comes only on
those gPC's. It's meant for internet and writing papers and stuff. gOS
comes with OpenOffice, Firefox, Skype, and I think flash preinstalled.

The aim is to create a PC that is good for the environment. I guess it
uses less power or something.

In fact, my friend was thinking of buying one. Asked me how compatible
Windows applications are with Linux. I'll talk to him more about it
after the weekend.