php/mysql job opening at azcentral.com

alex at crackpot.org alex at crackpot.org
Fri Nov 9 15:48:58 MST 2007

Hi all.  We've got an opening at my work.  Job description and info
below.  I've been here about a year and a half, and it's a great place
to be.  The part about 'experiencing huge growth' is no joke.

AZCentral.com is currently looking for a qualified, talented person to fill a
developer/sysadmin position.  The official job description is broad,
but we're basically looking for people with a combination of PHP,
Perl, Apache, MySQL, and Linux knowledge. Experience with open-source
load balancing and high-availability technologies like LVS, heartbeat,
and drbd is a plus. We're not necessarily looking for computer science
majors.  Intelligence, creativity, and the ability to play well with
others is more important. AZCentral.com has been experiencing huge
growth for the past several years, and this shows no signs of slowing
down.  We need talented people to help us keep up with the list
of projects.

We offer a positive work environment in downtown Phoenix in which
you'll cooperate and collaborate with a team of talented developers on
a variety of projects.
   - Web development exploring new ways of presenting information to users
   - Configuration and deployment of advanced load balancing and
redundancy systems
   - Enhancement and improvement of existing content management systems
   - Finding innovative ways to improve our user's experiences on the
site and the back end systems that make it all possible.

The Arizona Republic provides competitive compensation and an
excellent benefits package.  This is a full-time opportunity with a
solid and well-established company, not a contract gig.  Starting
salary range is 45-70K, depending on experience.  You should have 3-5
years professional web development experience.

Please forward your resume and code samples or technical portfolio,
and any questions you may have, to alex.dean at pni.com.  No recruiters,
please.

Alex Dean
Arizona Republic / azcentral.com