sad day on PLUG

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Fri Nov 9 09:55:49 MST 2007

.
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:43, Charles Jones wrote
> I've found that, for some reason, "most" people do not seem to
> like Fedora. All the hype is focused towards Ubuntu these days :)
> Personally I FC7 on my workstation, and Ubuntu on my laptop,
> and I like them both.

Not to start a flame war or anything, but the great mystery
to me is that there have been zero messages about PCLinuxOS
while it has been continuously and consistently the "hottest"
item of interest on Distrowatch.

Out of the top 100 Linux Distros, here are the top 8 in terms
of interest/activity with the most recent hit counts:

1 PCLinuxOS  	2924
2 Ubuntu 	2313
3 openSUSE 	1528
4 Fedora 	1280
5 Sabayon 	1182
6 Mint 		1066
7 Debian 	844
8 Mandriva 	772

PCLinuxOS seems to me to be in all ways superior and far
more polished than Ubuntu or any other personal use distro.

Again, this is not intended to denigrate any other distro
or to start a flame war, but merely a point of curiousity
as to why nobody on this PLUG list ever seems to comment
on using PCLinuxOS.