$200 linux PC at Walmart

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Nov 6 19:08:17 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 18:19 -0600, Josef Lowder wrote:
> .
> This long discussion seems kind of "OT" for the PLUG forum ...
> and doesn't really correspond to the subject line very well.
>
> --------------

> > > I have no idea how much he's put into it personally, but there's the
> > > Bill & Melissa Gates Foundation in addition to their personal expenses.
> > ----
> > Of course - that too.
> >
> > are you smelling panic too?
----
I guess I must be feeling better today...

The original supposition was that a $200 linux PC at Wal-Mart was
causing enough concern to Bill Gates panic and sell his MSFT stock.
That's not off-topic and it's the type of thread that I want to
absolutely ridicule to certain death because it serves only to feed the
stupid myths/notions that some people feel compelled to feed.

I won't embellish

Craig