Mail server rejecting some mail - Desperate!

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Nov 5 11:26:27 MST 2007

Am 05. Nov, 2007 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> I believe I already did that.  But why would it fail to accept telnet via the DNS but is happy to accept it via the IP?

Are you relying on both MX and another type of record for the same name?
You can either us MX or you can use something else. MX does not play well
with others.

When you telnet $hostname 25 does it tell you what IP address it's trying?

ciao,

der.hans
#  Practice socially conscious hedonism. Do whatever you want,
#  as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. - der.hans