how to set up media keys for audacity?

Justin Anthony arethius at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 13:57:05 MST 2007

So I just had linux installed a week ago at the installfest and told
myself that I wouldn't ask any questions until a week later to give
myself the time to figure it out myself.  Unfortunately, I couldn't
figure out these three things.
(BTW, I have a dell precision m90 with Gusty Gibbons ubuntu.

1: How can I get my media keys to control the songs playing Audacity? I
saw some tutorials referring to editing linebkd.def from lineakd but I
couldn't find the .def file.  I used synaptic manager to install lineakd.

2: In windows, the drivers for my touchpad include being able to set it
up so that when I tap in a corner of the pad, it performs a command like
"alt+f4" or something.  Is there a way to set this up on linux?

3: I have both, kde and gnome, installed but I can't connect to my
wireless internet on kde.  I open the wireless network manager and it
can see my wireless signal but it won't give me the option to connect.
Is there something I'm forgetting to do or do I just not know what am
I'm doing?(That's a bit of an obvious answer, but hey, that's what this
list is for right?)

I would like to say thanks in advance because I know you guys are going
to give a great, thorough response.  This list is honestly the tipping
point as to my procrastination in installing linux.