OT: How to open a pdf file in new window?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Nov 1 15:12:02 MST 2007

First page I found seems ok:
http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=1682

Apart from the above, the nice thing is to have your window.open
actually open an html that embeds the pdf.

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 04:06:43PM -0600, Josef Lowder wrote:
> .
> Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question,
> but could someone recommend a good forum for posting
> html coding questions like this?
>
> I've been using the following script on a web page to open the
> named item in a separate window, and while this works (sort of)
> it actually opens two windows plus a dialog box asking if I want
> to open the pdf document or save it.
>
> My question is, how to write a similar code snippet that will
> just open the named "sample.pdf" file in a separate window without
> the dialog box asking whether to open or save the file and without
> opening the extra blank window that clutters up the screen, doesn't
> do anything, and just has to be closed.

> 'PopupPage', 'height=750,width=600,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes'); return
> false" target="_blank">Open pdf file in separate window</a>

Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |  Daemons in the Desert   |  Global BUG Federation